Long used as a general well-being treatment in China, cordyceps is believed to increase energy and have a positive impact on the immune system. According to WebMD, cordyceps is used to treat the following conditions:
- Coughs and respiratory disorders
- Kidney disorders
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Liver Disorders, especially hepatitis B
- Irregular heartbeat
- Dizziness and ringing in ears
- Unwanted weight loss
- Opium addiction
- Helps treat cancer by shrinking tumors
While more study is need to definitely prove the efficacy of cordyceps to treat illness, some research is extremely promising and exciting:
- A Hong Kong study published in the British Journal of Dermatology showed cordyceps extract may provide photoprotection against UV radiation and lower the risk of basal cell carcinoma.
- A University of Nottingham study determined how a cordyceps derived drug called cordycepin inhibits the growth of cancer cells. As a result, researchers can now determine which cancers cordycepin may be useful in fighting and what drugs to pair with it.
- A Korean study on the anti-inflammatory effects of cordyceps on acute colitis determined that the fungus may help prevent or treat inflammatory bowel diseases.
- A PubMed abstract cites a study on mice showed cordyceps may provide significant anti-fatigue and anti-stress abilities.
- Korean researchers determined cordyceps relieved asthma symptoms in mice.
- A Taiwan study showed cordyceps can increase sperm quality and production in rats.
Articles extract from: http://herbs.lovetoknow.com.
>>> If you like the above article please share to your friends click below…